1. Start with Why – Why do I want to have this conversation, and with whom?
2. Determine Values – What are the values that are important to me, and what am I trying to convey through this conversation?
3. Establish Goals – What is the ideal outcome I am hoping for with this conversation?
4. Understand Expectations – What are my expectations of other family members in this conversation. Am I in a win-win mindset?
5. Determine When and Where – What is the appropriate time and place to engage in this conversation to listen and be heard?
6. Seek to Understand – How can I go about first seeing the other person’s point of view before I share my own in this conversation?
7. Then to be Understood – How will I have the courage to go about sharing my point of view in this conversation?
8. Create Action Plan – Think about ways to address win-win solutions rather than just surface issues from these conversations.
9. Revisit – Establish a routine for having ongoing conversations.
10. Live a Wealthier Life – Enhance well-being through purposeful conversations about money with your family.